Previously an aerialist, a street performer, a fire-eater and a clown, Gwen has travelled the world performing with traditional and contemporary circuses. These days Gwen works as a freelance circus director, choreographer, and mentor, collaborating with circus & theatre companies and specialising in work that crosses the boundaries between skills and narrative.
In 2018 Gwen completed a Master’s degree in Circus Directing.
Recent credits as aerial director/circus consultant include:
- The Borrowers, (Tobacco Factory Theatre)
- The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, (West Yorkshire Playhouse)
- Angels in America (National Theatre)
- La Strada (Belgrade Theatre Coventry/Kenny Wax/Cambridge Arts Theatre/Bristol Old Vic)
- Peter Pan, (Bristol Old Vic/National Theatre)
- Hetty Feather (West End & touring), Olivier-nominated, winner of Cameo Award
- As co-founder/performer: Flown, by Pirates of the Carabina, winner of the Total Theatre Award for Physical Theatre.